tiistai 15. helmikuuta 2011

Frere Hall

As-salam alaikum everyone,

I have continued my newly found tradition of making videos of my excursions around Karachi. Last Saturday I finally managed to get inside Sadequain Gallery, which is in Frere Hall. It was a lovely sunny day as you can see from the video and I had a great time exploring new sights in Karachi.

I have been in Pakistan for over 6,5 months now and slowly my time is drawing to an end. Soon it is time for me to bid farewell to my friends here and head back to Finland for the summer. Aah, nothing beats the summers in Finland so I would not want to miss that for anything. Pleasant weather, green trees and forest everywhere, sun bathing and swimming and sauna by a lake or the Baltic sea, BBQ with friends and family, long walks outside, concerts and festivals not to forget the long nightless nights with the sun that almost never sets. Finland just bubbles with life after a long winter. It is all very opposite to my life in Karachi where the sun keeps on appearing throughout the year and it never really gets that cold. It has been a good getaway from the Finnish winter this year. I've heard that we have had piles of snow and seriously cold temperatures for long now.

So just watch this video and marvel the blue skies and sunshine in Karachi.

P.S. Sadequain seems an interesting character and his work is beautiful. He was apparently responsible for the renaissance of Islamic Calligraphy in Pakistan.



2 kommenttia:

  1. Hey, I'm LC OGX from Poland and link to your facebook page was attached to one of promotion emails from you host LC.
    I've spent last summer at internship in Istanbul and I've met there the most hosbitable and helpful people ever.
    Now when I'm interviewng people who want to go for an internship they almost never want to go to muslim country, they always choose Western Europe or USA. It's suprising that young people can be so narrow minded this days...
    I think you are doing great job by sharing your experience with others. That really helps to break negative stereotypes of muslim people.
    Keep on writing!
    Greetings from Poland!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Thank you so much for your comments and encouragement. I'm seriously speaking having a lot of fun and great time in Pakistan. People here are very hospitable, friendly and take good care of me. It's all about having the right attitude and an open mind.

    All the best and keep on reading. I hope to post something new soon. :)

    Hugs from Karachi!
    -Kirsistan

    VastaaPoista